Robert D. Barr
- Case Western Reserve University (J.D. 1996)
- Albion College (B.A. 1993)
- Ohio, 1996
- U.S.D.C. N.D. Ohio
- U.S.D.C. S.D. Ohio
- U.S.C.A. 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rob Barr has over twenty years of experience in commercial litigation, bankruptcy and real estate, with an emphasis on representing bankruptcy trustees in Northeast Ohio. Rob was appointed a Chapter 7 Trustee in 2017. He has been and is presently counsel for numerous creditors, creditor committees, and corporate and consumer debtors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases. Rob's specific areas of expertise include:
- the identification and resolution of defective security instruments and mortgages,
- the prosecution of civil fraud actions,
- business restructuring and bankruptcy,
- the resolution of debtor/creditor disputes, including medical billing disputes, and
- the defense and prosecution of preference claims in insolvency proceedings.
Rob is an active leader and speaker in regional bar associations, having served as chair of the Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, and twice as co-chair of the William J. O'Neill Great Lakes Regional Bankruptcy Institute.